The buzz word is always changing, but right now Turmeric is making all the headlines. So we figure why not let Turmeric make the Ellipse headline? These Turmeric Mango Summer Pops are deliciously zesty and contain nutritious ingredients.
Turmeric, all the rage or not, rids the body of inflammation. This popsicle’s counterpart, Mango, is rich in vitamins A and C; Vitamins known in topical skin care. Retinol is an anti-aging quality found in vitamin A. So it works similarly when inside your body, helping to build collagen which keeps the skin youthful.
Turmeric Mango Summer Pops
Makes 5 or 6 3-ounce pops
- 1 cup lightly packed spinach
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk or almond milk
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen mango
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Blend together the spinach and milk until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into pop molds and freeze for 1 hour, then insert sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours more, or until solid.